I am not a native of Lubbock, nor even of Texas. I was born and raised in Greenfield, Indiana, spent a couple of years living in Glasgow, Scotland, and then landed in Lubbock where I've been ever since. Have a look!

26 January 2007

Bamboo in my kitchen



Welcome to Lubbock Daily Photo! I'm not official yet, just trying to see if I can manage a post every day for a few days before becoming official. And where better to begin blogging about the city in which I live than by starting with the house in which I live?
This is bamboo in my kitchen. A few weeks ago, our bamboo plant at work needed a "haircut," and the woman who cut off the extra bits gave a couple to me to see if I could get it to grow. Unfortunately, if the yellow leaves are anything to go by, the plant is not responding to the tender loving care with which I have been showering it.

2 comments:

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Hi Su and welcome on board to DP. I like this shot as your first image. I'm sure that tender and loving cure will give their effects. I also hope you may come to visit Torino very soon, Ciao !!!

Su said...

It's not looking good so far, I'm afraid. There are more yellow leaves than ever. Still, I do what I can with it!